A few weeks ago I did a poll on my instagram regarding where you would like to see the contents of my hospital bag. Well it was 50:50 so I decided to do both an IGTV and this blog post.
In fairness, I was very late packing packing my bags. Thank God I didn’t go into labour! Second time mama here. Therefore, everything goes on the long finger or your interrupted by a toddler.
Finally getting around to completing as I’ve no distractions in my hospital bed. Booked in for my elective C-Section tomorrow and having steroids to ensure babies lungs are developed.
I bought a bag set for €25 that consists of a large wheeled light weight hold-all and a smaller hand held bag in Argos for my first pregnancy and they have come in handy again this time round.
I have probably packed everything but the kitchen sink. However, I will more than likely be in for 5 to 7 days and I’d rather have something with me and not use it than regret not bringing it with me. I have a few spare bits in a corner at home for “just incase” that can be brought in if needed. I’ve packed separate bags as I am being admitted for 2 nights prior to the birth.
Toiletries Bag: (Small clear bags all from Penny’s)
- Shower gel & Moisturiser Minis x2 (Elemis for a treat Pre-op & Nivea to be kinder to skin Post-Op.
- A Shower cap, shampoo, conditioner & Dry Shampoo. (Doubt I will wash my hair)
- Lavender Handcream, Lip balm, Vaseline, Sudocreme minis.
- Toothbrush & paste.
- Simple face trio and wipes & face pads.
- Clinique eye serum & hydrating face spray.
- Hair bobbins, clips and brush.
- Baby powder & deodorant x 2 (daddy too).
- Toilet wipes, antibacterial wipes (#gifted) & hand sanister. (Bathrooms can be manky)
- Rescue Remedy Drops – For Anxiety.
- Arnica – homeopathic remedy for bruising.
- Doterra – Deep blue natural pain relief gel & massage ball. (Always check with your doctor if using alternative medicine)
- Maternity pads – green pharmacy packs x 2
- Towels x 2 (extras ready at home if needed)
Could be wishful thinking but it’s nice to feel a little normal after having a baby. I’ve had my eyebrows and lashes tinted at Midas Touch Clondalkin which makes a big difference even with no make up on!
In my make up bag I’ve packed:
- Catrice concealer
- Aldi special buy foundation in a travel pot.
- Luna by Lisa lip liner, lipstick & gloss – nude tones.
- Eyebrow pencil and mini clinique mascara.
- Rimmel Kate blush, highlight and contour Pallete.
- Penny’s brushes.
- Haaka silicone pump & Breast pads.
- Fennel oil.
- Silverette nipple shields – nursing cups
- Nipple Balm #gifted
- Pots for colostrum
- Heat in a click heat pads to help stimulate supply & ease massage.
- Cooler bag & ice blocks from Mr Price
- Harvested colostrum.
Comfortable Hospital clothes/pjs:
- Black Granny knickers x 12 (1 week potential stay.
- Flip Flops for shower.
- Slippers (slip on slightly bigger)
- Fleece socks and normal socks.
- Pj bottoms maternity x 3
- Button down Night dresses & shirts x 5 (All above Pennys & Dunnes)
- Feeding tops & T-shirt x 5 (leakages & spit ups likely)
- Dressing gown – gifted from https://memammab.com/
- Nursing bras x 2 great value – asda
Going Home outfit:
Hoody (dunnes), comfy maternity bottoms (lidl) & vest top. (maternity pad socks pants rolled up together for easy access)
- Diabetic testing pen, strips & insulin.
- Clevamama Therapeutic Maternity Pillow.
- Small gifts for Oisín from baby. (Mini Bin Truck & Book)
- Water bottle
- Placenta Encapsulation pack #gifted #collab
- Post Natal Core Restore Band #ad #gifted
- Mini diffuser & Doterra Essential Oils and battery operated candles.
- Meadows Sleep Spray, Lavender Eye Mask (penny’s) & Wax Ear plugs.
- Positive Affirmation cards – pre & post natal
- Gentle Birth App – mindfulness/meditation
- Tens & Spritz for Bitz Spray #gifted (Just in case end up going in to labour)
- Extra long charging cable. Phone/Camera.
- Knitting, magazines & Tablet for netflix.
- GD friendly Snacks (cooler bag)
- Post Op Treats
- Babies first outfit – (Ziplock bag hat, vest, sleep suit & nappy)
- 1 pack of nappies.
- 5 x zip lock bags with vest, nappy, all in one. (easy to find in bag then!)
- 5 extra vests & 3 extra onsies (mix of newborn up to 1month)
- 2 blankets (1 cellular & 1 swaddle #gifted
- 3 hats & mittens. (Tesco)
- Milton hand sanitiser #gifted
- Muslins x 3 and Runa Bibs #gifted
- Clear baby toiletries bag: Water Wipes #gifted, Cotton wool pads, sudocreme barrier, soothers x 3 and camomile syrup, nappy bags, canestan powder.
- First breath to First Step – milestone & planner journal by Burpies Babies & Beauty Blogger, Jess.
- Soft toy for Oisín to give baby.
- Cardigans x 3 (pink, blue & yellow).
I hope I have everything, if not I may do without. Hope this blog post was helpful. Everyone has different ideas of essentials but for me I feel somewhat organised and that’s the important thing!
Now that the babies arrival is very close… Place your bets. What do you think… Boy or Girl??
Snap Happy Mammy